Project 2 - I see rainbow in you

Because of the weather of the past weekend, I couldn't go out or use natural lighting to take photographs. Instead, I used holographic glasses (which I got from a physic class) to create an effect I call "pseudo-natural lighting". The glasses, which contribute a lot to my photographs, create a light spectrum on the photos.






This project is quite personal to me. According to Baudrillard in Simulations: 

"We all become living specimens under the spectral light of ethnology, or of anti-ethnology which is only the pure form of triumphal ethnology, under the sign of dead differences, and of the resurrection of difference".

The model, who is my boyfriend, was going through some severe emotional instability for the past few weeks that gave him a panic attack last week. As I manipulated the photos in Adobe Photoshop, I made the photos black and white to show the struggles he's been through for the last few weeks. Thus, the light spectrum would be the highlight of the photos, which I describe as a part of his personality: although he has a rough time going through his personal trauma, he always tries to find a way out of it and be my main emotional support (on campus). That's why I named this project "I see rainbow in you". 

Comments

Popular Posts