first entry

Hi,

I’m Linh, turning 21 in 4 weeks.
I’m doing a major in Biochemistry, but honestly I’m still questioning my choice everyday.

For the past 4 years, I’ve been really into photography, and I’ve been using only film cameras for the past 2 years. Although I took many forms of photography, such as portrait, street photography, the ones that I like the best are photographs with “perfectly defined structure”
How these cars aligned on a same line just gives my eyes such satisfaction


and also this staircase with high contrast giving "defined" lines


and also center subjects on 120mm format

The “perfectly defined structure” somehow reminds me of the first type of art that I’ve ever explored (except for some drawing classes I took during elementary school) was collage on Photoshop, which I could manipulate the position and structure of the photos. Great!
Here are some examples from almost fifty works I did in the past, but they were all filled with cheesy and wrong grammar texts, so I’m too embarrassed to post them up. I also recently created one (without the text, of course) that is really, really close to my own works.



I was really into Audition - a game online, and a real fan of Girls' Generation, so bear with me


background

11-year-old me mainly played around with a lot of colorful textures background found on google, especially deviantart, and also some cute brushes and fonts online.

For my future project, I’m planning to create collages, or videos with more unrealistic idea. I shamelessly admit that I’m really addicted to Instagram, and I was inspired a lot on the social media, starting from some popular accounts, such as @popmyeyes, @the.pinklemonade, and now my main inspirations are @plaaastic and @blavkmoon711 and PHIM









Comments

  1. Love that TRIP video. I can definitely recommend more vaporwave / synthpop artists if you're interested in exploring that kind of music / video style!! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely REALLY interested in vaporwave so please recommend me some!!!! And thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts