Project 1 - Experimenting, experimenting, experimenting.

I had no clue what I wanted to do when I started the project, except for having a half-naked model. 

I tried using different sources of lights, but they didn't come out as I wanted. Then I tried shooting with a glass cup to create a bokeh effect, which turned out to be surprisingly cool. 

Here are some shots without editing

 






I was experimenting more with the photos on photoshop, and here's what I came up with


You think that you're looking at the model? No, you're actually looking at his reflection through the glass cup. And the glass cup is the simulator that shows "the reflection of a basic reality" (Baudrillard, Simulations 1993)

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed looking at your photographs, Linh! I am also a follower of Brandon and I've always admired his creative use of light sources and candy color-schemed editing techniques. I agree, the glass cup reflects "a basic reality" . I find your source of inspiration interesting because in a lot of ways, I find Brandon's work, moreover, my perception of him, defining of the hyper-real. To me, he's a well-known Instagrammer who produces idyllic photographs. His subjects are mostly, if not all, young and beautiful, set mainly within the hustle, bustle, and glamour that is NYC. Is this not the vision of young people today ? When we think of a generation's vision, Instagram (social media) and its relation to Baudrillard's concepts, we view, create, and live in in this hyper-reality, depending on our backgrounds.

    It's definitely a lot to think about :) Looking forward to viewing the rest of your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts