Faythe Levine


Faythe Levine is currently a curator at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. Because of that, her talks and her visit to Photography class were very different from other visited artists coming to Lawrence I have ever met. I liked how she was very open and descriptive about how she became an artist without going to any college. She also traveled a lot, which helped her experiencing different art medium and got to know different artists with different genre. What I can learn from her journey is to join art communities, small or big, to build connections with other artists. She also shared tips to keep track of the artworks by adding dates and having a cohesive system for our artworks. Faythe Leving also does blogs/vlogs to document the processes of whatever she is doing, which I find very helpful. I enjoyed the Sign Painters documentary a lot. I found it very insightful to see the process of making signs, especially for people who have never done it before (me). We only see the products when they are finished and polished, but getting to know the process of making the products helps us appreciate the products more.

Comments

Popular Posts